Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Internal Number: R92284
Fort Collins, Colorado
Primary Location Salary Range:
$17.00/hr - $24.35/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Location: BFCMC Lady Moon multi specialty, 4700 Lady Moon Dr. Ft Collins, CO 80528. We have 3 providers, 2 clinical staff, 1 pfs.?? Part of a bigger group for all specialties that work thru the clinic. 5 PFS?? that check in for all clinics at ladymoon, 5 MA's, 1 RN, 10 different specialties.
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS! - 1 Year Commitment Required
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm, No Weekends!
Must be able to work with highly functional provider, fast paced clinic and be MA certified.
Day to Day: Rooming patient's, taking vitals, assisting providers within clinic and order entering.
Here at the Lady Moon Multi Specialty clinic, you will find a team of Customer obsessed professionals, focused on making good things happen for our Patients, Providers and our team.??? We are a fun, hard working team.?? Always striving to be the best and provide the best service for our patients.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients??? blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG???s. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician???s offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Banner Health
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
- Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
- Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
- The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
More Jobs from This Employer